CARL MILLER PARK
Preschool and elementary playgrounds in Carl Miller Park have reopened after upgrades. Photos
Carl Miller Park is one of our contributions to enhance the
quality of life for Coweta County residents. To keep pace with our rapidly-expanding
community, in late 2008/early 2009 the park was expanded to include additional
parking, a restroom facility near the popular Kids’ Castle Playground,
as well as an additional pavilion, and picnic tables. The expansion allowed
us to accommodate more guests and better serve the recreational needs of
our growing community. We’re proud to provide this family-friendly facility
for everyone in this area to enjoy.
The 14-acre park features:
- Picnic tables
- Pavilions for groups of up to 150 people
- Walking/jogging trail — one circuit around the trail is 6/10 mile
- Preschool and elementary playgrounds
- Kids' Castle Playground
- Splash Fountain
- April-October: Open daily 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- November-March: Open daily 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Closed New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
- Water sprinklers and Splash Fountain are open April through September
Newnan Utilities installed the 2,400 square foot Splash Fountain in 2014. First-time visitors to Splash Fountain won’t need signs to find the water feature. They can just follow the squeals. And once the water jets start dancing, the squeals don’t stop. Children love any excuse to get wet and Splash Fountain takes getting wet to the next level. Water moves in almost as many directions as the happy kids who race through the sparkling jets of water that soar skyward and arc from side to side. Besides being the next best thing to a pop-up rain shower, Splash Fountain is ideal for younger children who aren’t quite ready for the swimming pool.
Splash Fountain is open from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm April through September.